Luminis Re-thinks High Bay Lighting with Hollowcore
Montreal, QC, February 18, 2020 - Luminis (www.luminis.com), an established innovator and manufacturer of specification grade, interior and exterior lighting solutions for commercial, institutional, retail, recreational and urban environments, today released its Hollowcore luminaire. Hollowcore is a modern take on a classic shape, that is suitable for both traditional high bay applications and more contemporary spaces.
Hollowcore is a re-think of the traditional high bay pendant. With a unique circular LED light engine and an open center concept, Hollowcore is designed to optimize and deliver light evenly and where needed. It delivers up to 13,000 lumens of uniform light with a batwing distribution for minimal cave effect.
A versatile family of pendant and surface mount luminaires, Hollowcore is available with a high efficiency lens or aluminum reflector. An optional independently controlled uplight component is also available to provide additional upward illumination or to highlight ceilings.
“The traditional high bay shape is still relevant today, but we no longer need a light source emitted from a center point and the apparatus that comes with that,” said Nicolas Cohen, Luminis president. “Now we can use LED technology to optimize the light directionally, without cumbersome metal or glass. The result is a modern, more architectural take on a classic shape that still delivers a high light output.”
Available in a range of color temperatures from 2700K to 4000K, Hollowcore produces light that is distinct for any application whether it be corporate, retail, educational or hospitality. And, with an attractive aesthetic when viewed from above as well as below, it can be installed in open areas to illuminate lower building levels.
- Open aesthetic looks good from above and below
- 16” diameter
- Stem, cable or surface mount options
- Downlight or up/downlight distribution
- Dual switching for downlight and uplight combination
- 4000K CCT / 80 CRI as standard. 2700K, 3000K, and 3500K options
- Batwing distribution
- Up to 13,000 delivered lumens
- Lens or aluminum reflector
- Optional 360° PIR motion (occupancy) sensor
- 0-10V dimming-ready driver (dims to 10%). Optional DMX/RDM control dim to dark (0%)
- Integral driver and battery backup
- Optional remote emergency battery backup
- 60,000 hours lifetime
- ETL damp listed
- Available in a range of finish colors
- 5-year warranty
Full details are available on the Luminis website at https://www.luminis.com/products/interior-lighting/?family=hollowcore